Start cleaning the washing machine by washing the detergent and detergent dispenser. Then add baking soda or vinegar and set the empty laundry to 90 degrees. Repeat once a month.
Table of Contents
Why does the washing machine smell bad?
The most common cause of the bad smell from the washing machine drum is the residues of powders and liquids that accumulate, for example, under the drum flange . This promotes the formation of mold and an unpleasant odor . In order for the laundry to smell fresh again, and not what is in the washing machine, it is enough to wash it regularly and wash it “empty”, that is, without clothes at least once a month. Then, instead of powder, it is worth using vinegar or soda .
How to clean the washing machine with vinegar?
To clean the washing machine, use the cleaning agents that you must have at home, namely vinegar, bleach, water and a cloth . You will see that your washing machine will look like new with them. The vinegar is also useful for saving dyed laundry .
- Turn on the washing machine’s program to wash in full cycle. Select a high water temperature. Remember that the washing machine drum should be empty.
- While the washing machine is filling with hot water, pour 2 cups of vinegar into the detergent drawer . This way you will get rid of the unpleasant smell.
- The washing machine must go through the entire washing cycle. When finished, set the same program again.
- Choose a second cycle. This time, leave the tank empty so that the water thoroughly rinses the drum of the vinegar residue.
- When the washing machine is finished, remove the detergent and rinse aid drawer. Put it in warm water and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Then wash the tank thoroughly with powder or cleaning liquid. Rinse and dry thoroughly. Put the drawer in the washing machine.
- Finally, clean the rubber around the opening of the washing machine with a damp cloth . Make sure that the cloth reaches the farthest corners. You will effectively clean the gum with a solution of bleach (a glass) and hot water (3 glasses).
- Then wipe the gum again, but only with water.
Cleaning the washing machine with baking soda
The uses for baking soda at home are countless. Perfect for home cleaning. Cleaning your washing machine with baking soda is a safe method that will allow you to get rid of both bacteria and mold and descale it.
- The first step is to thoroughly scrub the powder drawer . Ideally you should take it out, but if you are unable to do so use an old toothbrush. With the help of the brush, you will reach the deepest recesses.
- Then pour baking soda into the drawer . Use 1 large serving or 2 standard teabags.
- Run the longest washing program by setting the temperature to 90 degrees Celsius . If your washing machine does not have one, set it as high as possible.